See shopbing.com/shopAbout✕About the resultThe products are ranked based on relevance to your search. Microsoft may be compensated for some of the products that shoppers end up purchasing. Sellers participating in our shopping program may provide product information including pricing.See all
ShopResults near Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia · Based on IP address · Change✕See more results
- More about shopshop✕PlayNOUNshop (noun) · shops (plural noun)
VERBshop (verb) · shops (third person present) · shopped (past tense) · shopped (past participle) · shopping (present participle)
- a building or part of a building where goods or services are sold; a store:"a card shop" ·"a barber shop"synonyms:store · retail store · outlet · retail outlet · reseller · cash and carry ·boutique · salon · parlor · establishment · emporium · department store · supermarket · hypermarket · superstore · warehouse club · warehouse · factory outlet · chain store · mall · shopping mall · shopping center · retail center · megastore · bargain basement · concession · market · mart · stall · stand · booth · counter · trading post · multiple (shop/store) · lockup · minimart · convenience store · mini-mall
- BRITISHinformalan act of going shopping:"she slogged her way around the supermarket doing the weekly shop"
- a place where things are manufactured or repaired; a workshop:"an auto repair shop"
- a room or department in a factory where a particular stage of production is carried out:"the machine shop"
- short for shop class:"I got an A in shop last year"
ORIGINMiddle English: shortening of Old French eschoppe ‘lean-to booth’, of West Germanic origin; related to German Schopf ‘porch’ and English dialect shippon ‘cattle shed’. The verb is first recorded (mid 16th century) in the sense ‘imprison’ (from an obsolete slang use of the noun for ‘prison’), hence shop.Data from Oxford Languages
- visit one or more stores or websites to buy goods:"she shopped for groceries twice a week" ·"don't buy a plastic carrier bag every time you go shopping" · "sometimes it's more convenient to shop online" · "take a trip to downtown San Diego to shop the upscale stores of Horton Plaza"synonyms:go shopping · do the shopping · buy what one needs/wants ·buy things · go to the shops · buy · purchase · get · acquire · obtain · pick up · snap up · procure · stock up on · get in supplies of · look to buy · be in the market for
- (shop around)look for the best available price or rate for something:"they shopped around for cheaper food"
- informalalter (a photographic image) digitally using Photoshop image-editing software:"saying this picture was shopped was the way her lawyers attempted damage control"